Basic Features and Operation
All configuration must be done through the web access. A user may follow the link through our website or go directly to the login page : http://alarmdealer.dfwsa.com. Feel free to call us with any questions not covered here.
- Only the account level user can make major changes or add contacts.
- An account can have a maximum of 20 contacts.
- Each person that needs virtual access or notifications sent to him needs to be setup as a contact.
- The virtual keypad works the same as a real keypad.
- We recommend adding a different “user code” in the system for each contact configured.
How to Setup Users
A user is a person who is allowed to arm and disarm your alarm. There are two parts to adding a user to a system with a BAT (Broadband Alarm Transmitter).
- Add a user code to the system by programming it at the keypad or using the virtual keypad. For directions on exactly how to do this on your system please click here.
Please be sure to keep a written log of a user’s name, user number, and user code. Store this log somewhere safe.
Example : Bob Dobb, user no. 03, user code 1234.
- Configure the user online.
a. Login at http://alarmdealer.dfwsa.com
b. Select the ‘Zone/User Names’ tab and Select ‘User Alias’
c. Click ‘Add New Alias’
d. Next to User, Click the drop down arrow and select the user number that was added in step 1
e. Type in the user’s name next to ‘Alias’
f. Click the ‘Save’ near the top left of the page
- Congratulations, you have setup a new user. Give them their user code to arm and disarm.
How to Allow Remote Access to Users
Once you have added and configured a user code for someone, you may wish to allow them to use remote access or receive notifications on the status of the alarm. They must be setup as a contact to use the website and remote features.
- Login at http://alarmdealer.dfwsa.com
- Select the ‘Contact List’ tab
- Click the ‘Add Contact’ button near the top left
- Enter a Username for the new contact that they can user to login
- Assign them a password
- Click the ‘Create User’ button when done
- Next enter the pertinent information for this user.
- Click the ‘Save’ button near the top left after you have completed entering information
- Select the ‘Notifications’ tab and select how and which alerts they will receive
- Click ‘Save’ near the top left
How to Configure iPhone App : Ipfob
To operate the alarm remotely using an iPhone, the Ipfob application must be installed.
- In the AppStore search for “Ipfob” and select install.
- To log in to your alarm, select the wrench icon in the bottom left and enter your login information then press save.